Labels

Oct 31, 2011

I was born a hundred thousand years ago

This was one of those old songs that probably was a campfire favorite. Its lyrics have shifted and changed down the years. I have loved the tall tales that the singer brings forth. Hope your child does too.


Chorus
I was born a hundred thousand years ago, There ain’t nothin’ in this world that I don’t know.
I saw Peter, Paul and Moses, Play ring around the roses,
And I’ll wallop the guy who says it isn’t so.

1.
I knew Adam and Eve before they knew the score, It was I who designed the fig leaves that they wore,
And when the apples they were stealing, behind the bushes I was kneeling,
And I swear I am the guy who ate the core.
Chorus
 
2.
Emperor Nero was a personal friend of mine, The way he played the fiddle was divine,
But when he ordered Rome to burn, It was I who got my gun
And shot him with a bullet to the spine.
Chorus
 
3.
Cleopatra was a constant date of mine, We played Rummy on her barge down the Nile,
And when Chubby Julius Caesar, wanted Cleo for a breather,
I was made the God Father of the child.
Chorus
 
4.
I’ll tell you how America came to be, I was with Collumbus when he sailed across the sea
 He fell sick the day we landed, Returned home empty handed,
And by rights the whole damn place belongs to me.
Chorus
 
5.
I have a really long long tale to tell, You must admit I do it rather well,
Now this part is the best, And I put you to the test,
You had better clap or you can go to hell.
Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment